Thursday, March 14, 2013

Lloyd and Dave part company

Now this isn’t a Paul and Barnabas disagreement, rather it is an attempt to be efficient with our time here.  Dave is staying on at Africa Renewal University, while I (Lloyd) returned to ARM Headquarters to pickup our consulting there.  Dave will rejoin Lloyd in Gaba Friday evening.

My day started early – very early.  We were sleeping (sort of) in a dorm room with a metal roof.  The heavens opened up and it rained harder and louder than I have ever heard!  And I needed to make the 100 yard trek up hill to meet up with Jeff Atherstone, ARU president at 7 am.  Jeff arrived with his two sons in a small Toyota SUV.  Two gentlemen from Austin, Texas also need a ride into Gaba.  So we travel with Jeff and his two sons in the front seat, and three full size men in a very small  back seat.  He eventually dropped his sons off at school, then we stopped at a local coffee shop to wait for the driver from ARM who was to pick us up at this location.  I will say that Uganda has some decent coffee shops. I had a nice Chai Latte. 

The driver eventually arrived and we were driven to ARM HQ.  I spent several hours looking at their major systems and interviewing users.  I wasn’t feeling my best, so we called it quits around 3:00.  Having a little stomach issue, so I stopped by the local clinic to speak with a doctor – they provided me some welcome meds and I should be good to go in the morning. 

I got my web-based phone (MagicJack) to work and used it to talk to Jan (my wife) for a few minutes.  I was really missing her today.  She is visiting our family in Florida and having a great time.  I am a little jealous…but happy she is there.

Well, not an exciting day, or an exciting blog entry.  Tomorrow back to ARM to interview more staff.  Next week, we head to New Hope Uganda.  I found out today I will speak three times on Wednesday.  I will benefit from your prayers as I get ready. 

DSCF4555 

This is Abbe, a very sharp IT guy at ARM.

DSCN0415

Pastor Sylver liked my iPad.  He was disappointed when I didn’t leave it!

DSCN0422 

I loved being with the kids at Kacungwa Child Development Program.

No comments:

Post a Comment